Areas of Study
Centers + Institutes
Job & Internship Openings
Faculty + Staff
CoB Policies + Procedures
Alumni + Friends
CoB Alumni Connect
SAF Advisory Board
Become a Bobcat Mentor
Join Alumni Facebook
Give A Gift
Links to Career Resources
Ohio University Links
– Ohio University’s Office dedicated to providing assistance with career decisions, exploring major and career options, attending career fairs, and conducting effective job searches.
Alumni Association Bobcat Mentor Network
– Allows you to search and connect with alumni mentors to talk about issues that are relevant to you.
Career Planning and Job Hunting Advice Sites
- Useful downloads for preparing all facets of your internship and job search.
Offers the best company and industry research tools, international databases, and lead generation technology available in the market. Additionally, CareerBeam features a career development tool that includes assessments, professional and cover letter builders, and search strategy resources.
- provides in-depth coverage of the world's top business enterprises, including company overviews, history, competitors, financials, industry trends, and more.
What can I do with this major?
This resource can help you connect majors with careers. An outline of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities is provided for each major. Website links that provide related information about listed majors and careers are also available.
- The FOCUS system enables users to discover and learn about career options related to their personal attributes. Users of FOCUS learn to make realistic decisions about their goals and plans, how to self-manage their careers, and the importance of adaptability in these times of change. Login using Access Code "ohiou329". To learn how to use focus, check out the how to video
- The Ohio Career Information System (OCIS) is your tool for career exploration. OCIS provides you with the most current information to help with career and educational planning. It can provide detailed, up-to-date descriptions of occupations and schools. Contact the Office of Career Management at (740) 597-2169 to obtain a user name and password to log into this web-based system.
- Provides occupational information that can assist students who are exploring majors and careers and assessing their skills and interests.
- Website for entry level job seekers.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
– Provides training, education, earnings, expected job prospects, working conditions, etc. for different types of jobs.
– Short version of survey that will provide a description of your personality type.
Online Reputation Management
– Online reputation management has become essential, as 92% of recruiters perform an online search of a candidate before staging a face-to-face interview.
Internet Employment Search Engines and Resources
A great online resource for college students looking for internships and college graduates, or soon-to-be graduates, looking for jobs.
TIP: Click on the Search Jobs button when you land on the site. Type in the word 'internship' in the keyword search bar on the jobs listing page (you can also narrow it by city) and click the search button to see multiple opportunities.
The Riley Guide
CPG Job List
Salary, Company and Community Information
- Real–time salary reports based on your job title, location, education, skills and experience.
Fortune Magazine Best Companies 2009
- information regarding pay, perks and company culture - updated for 2009
– Benchmark your job to the closet match in salary.com’s database by searching your job title and location.
Find Your Spot
– Online quiz provides tailored list of cities and small towns that fit you.
Career Management HOME
Apply for Internship Credit
Submit Internship Paper
Sales Center Internships
Job & Internship Openings
Online Career Resources
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., by appointment
10 a.m. to 4 p.m., walk-in hours
Tracy Corrigan, Director
Office of Career Management
220 Copeland Hall
Athens, OH 45701
College of Business
| Copeland Hall | Athens, Ohio 45701 | T: 740.593.2000 or toll free: 800.833.0484 | Graduate Programs: 740.593.2053 or toll free: 800.622.3124
Ohio University | Athens OH 45701 | 740.593.1000
| © 2011
. All rights reserved.