Finance Advisory Council
The Finance Advisory Council (FAC) brings the professional and academic communities together by fostering communication between the faculty of the Finance Department and executives in the field. This ensures that the College of Business Finance curriculum is up-to-date and meets the needs of the dynamic business environment.
Made up of alumni and friends, the FAC uses its broad network of industry executives to open doors for students to learn through internships and, after graduation, secure permanent positions in a variety of finance fields.
- The FAC meets bi-annually in the spring and the fall. The next meeting is Friday, April 19, 2012.
- A term on the FAC last for three years.
- Members are encouraged to serve on a FAC committee.
- Members aid in arranging industry executives to make in-class presentations.
- Members serve as professional contacts for students seeking internships or permanent positions.
- Members are asked to contribute at least $500 annually (including corporate match).
- Joseph Allio, Vice President, Stephens Inc .
- Bob Brewster, Client Executive, Commercial, Hylant Group
- Larry Boak, Manager/Parts Accounting, The Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Megan Browning-Kvamme, President of Browning & Associates
- Jake M. Gilliam, Portfolio Manager & Investment Officer, Charles Schwab Trust Company
- Nate Haynes, Finance Manager, Chemical/Industrial Americas, Exel
- Jeff Hilton, Director, Insurance and Risk Management, Limitedbrands
- Stephen Huang, Portfolio Risk Management, Nationwide
- Orvell Johns, Assistant Deputy Director, Ohio Department of Administrative Services
- Phil Meyer, CEO, Ohio University Credit Union
- Douglas Muszynski, Council Chairman, SVP, PNC
- Matthew (Scott) Nisley, President, Hocking Valley Bank
- Mark W. Poeppelman, Executive Director, The Columbus International Program
- Scott Smith, Senior Vice President, American Electric Power
- Mark Snider, CEO, Snider Fuller & Associates
- Anna Stavreska, Caxton Associates LP
- Jeffrey Stolle, Director, Risk Management, Dole Food Company
- John Stowe, O’Bleness Professor of Finance, Finance Department, Ohio University
- Robert Theller, Senior Investment Officer, Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund
- Charles Wickert, SVP, Motorists Insurance Company
- R. Jeffrey Young, SVP, Huntington Asset Services
- Neil Holden, Instructor at the University of Western New England
- Christopher Bellamy, Partner, Cohen Fund Audit Services
For more information, contact:
David M. Payne
College of Business, Ohio University
340 Copeland Hall
Athens OH 45701