How to apply.
An application checklist and online application instructions may be downloaded here.
The online Graduate Student Application allows you to create a password-protected account so you can return to the application, enter information, and upload documents at your convenience. A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required for the PMBA program.
- The Program Name is Professional MBA.
- The Program Code is MB6146.
- For Campus, choose 'online.'
One official transcript from all institutions of higher education you have attended should be sent to the Graduate College. Ohio University transcripts will be obtained by Graduate College on your behalf.
Ohio University Graduate College
1 Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701.
Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be official or registrar-certified, in envelopes sealed by the issuing institution, if possible. For questions, contact the Graduate College at 740.593.2800
Upload and attach an up-to-date and professional resume to your online application in the Background and References section. We are interested in the length of professional experience, demonstrated leadership and management skills, and potential for growth.
Your professional plans statement should discuss your accomplishments, career goals and objectives, and the value of the MBA degree to achieving your career goals. You should upload and attach your professional statement to your online application in the Background and References section.
Your personal statement should include a brief autobiographical sketch and describe what strengths, qualities, and attributes you bring to the PMBA classroom. You should upload and attach your personal statement to your online application in the Background and References section.
Letters of Recommendation
Arrange for three individuals to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. One letter needs to be provided by your immediate supervisor. The other two can be from former employers, professional colleagues, or individuals who have worked closely with you on a project. Applicants who are self-employed can ask their legal counsel, accountant, or a client to submit letters on their behalf.
- When prompted on the online application, request that your reference letter providers be contacted through the online application process for electronic submission of their recommendation letters.
- Letters of recommendation should include the provider's relationship to you and their complete address and contact information, including a clearly identifiable professional e-mail address (not a Yahoo!, Hotmail, or G-Mail account, for instance).
- Your references should speak to your level of maturity, leadership qualities, and potential for senior management responsibility.
- Paper recommendation letters can be sent to Ginny Valentin, Associate Director, MBA Programs, College of Business, 514G Copeland Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701-2979.
Admission to the Professional MBA Program is highly competitive and selective. Factors considered in the admission decision include years of experience, strength of recommendation letters, fit, academic and career achievements, and finally a pre-admission interview. Once the application and all supporting documents are on file with the College of Business, selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
Admissions decisions are typically made within two weeks of the interview. A letter will be mailed to each applicant from the College of Business, followed by an official letter from the Graduate College. Factors considered in the admission decision include years of experience, strength of recommendation letters, fit, academic and career achievements, and the interview.
Ready? Click here to apply online.